TARGETING PROFICIENCY is a comprehensive coursebook that focuses on the acquisition and correct usage of the English language. The graded material steadily builds up students’ language competency, making it the ideal coursebook for students wishing to advance to C1 / C2 level in English.
- thorough practice in all 4 skills – reading, speaking, listening and writing through a variety of topics explored in detail from interesting and thought-provoking angles
- challenging, age-appropriate reading texts which students can relate to and will want to discuss
- presentation of various structures and expressions which will enhance students’ speaking skills, giving them the means to express their thoughts accurately and fluently
- ample listening practice, using a wide variety of situations, styles and accents, helping students understand speakers’ attitudes and opinions and increasing their understanding of spoken English
- ample writing practice, reflecting the requirements at this level and providing guidance on organisation, style and techniques, allowing students to hone their skills and express their views correctly
- step-by-step instructions on how to successfully complete each writing task, with model answers to further aid students’ understanding of what is required at this level.
- presentation of both academic and everyday vocabulary in a clear and concise way
- discussion points to help develop students’ critical thinking skills
- constant reinforcement of accumulated lexical knowledge
Special LANGUAGE AWARENESS section in every lesson. These sections contain a wealth of interesting advanced language points concerning the intricacies of the English language, which will help students acquire a real feel for the language. Students are also given help with the pronunciation of words that are commonly mispronounced.
TARGETING PROFICIENCY provides students with the knowledge and skills they need to tackle any C1 / C2 level examination.
Components for the student:
- Coursebook with free Writing Task Booklet
- Workbook with free Study Companion (includes Grammar)
- Test Booklet
- Interactive e-book
Components for the teacher:
- Teacher’s Editions of all student’s components
- Teacher’s Resource Booklet
- IWB Software
- Audio CDs